Involved in real estate for over 45 years, John Hertay of Highline Buildings has earned a reputation as a credible, knowledgeable, professional builder / developer. His vast experience includes commercial, single family residential, condo and apartments and his current project, Deerhurst Estates. Hertay has over 20 years of developing and building experience in the University District.
- Elected to the Board of Directors of the Edmonton Real Estate Board, as Chairman of the ICI Committee
- Appointed as General Manager of Canada Trust, Commercial Division,Administered a property management portfolio of $20,000,000 and sales/leasing volumes in excess of $100,000,000
- President of the Downtown Kelowna Association
- Appointed to Mayor’s Housing Committee for the City of Kelowna
- Under Watermark Developments Ltd. completed a major revision of the University South Area Structure Plan within the City of Kelowna
Academy Hill was a 2 phase project that John developed. Together, it consisted of 78 apartment style condo’s in University Village.
Sol Terra Ranch
John developed Sol Terra Ranch, a 127 lot single family residential community. The development had the distinction of being the first subdivision in Kelowna where all homes had a built in secondary suite.
John has been the developer for the entire masterplan at University Village. Working with a vareity of builders and utilizing his 45 years of experience in real estate, building and development.